Many entrepreneurs have entered the field of educational technology as a result of the success of e-learning platforms such as Coursera and Udemy. It’s also feasible that you’d like to create an online learning app.
Over the following five years, global digital education is predicted to expand to $457.8 billion by 2026. As a result, many companies have opted to launch their solutions.
However, the first problem is determining a budget for developing an eLearning marketplace. Before you start developing an app like Udemy, make sure you evaluate the cost and prepare a development plan. Nobody knows for certain, however, it is most likely dependent on the eLearning app development company you employ. To create an E-learning platform like Udemy, you may anticipate spending between $15K and $40K.
Historically, education has relied on educators and pupils being in the same place at the same time. Even though it has been proven beneficial for decades, the rise of online e-Learning has made learning more participatory, allowing students to learn outside of the traditional classroom. The usage of electronic gadgets and easily accessible resources has revolutionized learning.
Some Interesting Pandemic Statistics of Udemy
- Since the pandemic began, Udemy has introduced 6,000 new courses per month, up from 3,000 per month in April of last year. (Edsurge)
- In November 2020, Udemy and Randstad announced a partnership to provide free educational courses to individuals placed or seeking employment through Randstad’s network, to upskill 40,000 workers overall. (Press Release)
- During the Pandemic, classes in sourdough bread baking and Zoom video conferencing were among the most popular. (Forbes)
- Between February and March 2020, the number of Udemy students enrolled per week more than quadrupled. (Forbes)
- In 2020, Udemy offered 60% more courses than in 2019.
Benefits of E-Learning Platforms Like Udemy and Coursera
- You can study at your speed. Whether the user is a housewife or a working professional, they can pursue their desired course at their own pace.
- Repeat the lectures as many times as necessary: The user can view the course content as many times as needed.
- Consistency: The instructor can reach millions of students around the world, and each student will have access to the same curriculum with no communication gaps or inconsistencies in the information presented.
- Saved money. Users can attend classes without having to travel or pay any additional fees other than the course fees.
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days. If a user does not like the course, they have the opportunity to cancel their subscription within 30 days.
- Course evaluations and ratings. Users can shortlist courses based on previous users’ reviews and ratings.
Key Features of a Popular E-Learning App Similar to Udemy
If you’re interested in developing a trending mobile app like Udemy, it’s essential to incorporate the following features into your education app. Let’s explore the features commonly found in successful e-learning applications like Udemy.
- User Registration, Login & Profile Management
Swiftly access the app with efficient registration and login. Optimize user experiences by creating and managing profiles based on preferences for students and instructors.
- Search Functionality
This feature allows students to easily search for desired courses from an extensive list of topics, making it effortless to find relevant content in just seconds.
- Offline Learning Flexibility
Users can download video tutorials and course materials to watch them offline from anywhere, at any time, offering convenience and flexibility in their learning journey.
- Multi-Device Compatibility
A popular e-learning platform, similar to Udemy, enables easy access to learning content on iOS, Android, laptops, and Apple TV using Chromecast, ensuring seamless learning across devices.
- Diverse Course Catalog
An education app, like Udemy, offers a diverse range of popular courses in software design, development, personal growth, and creative activities, providing users with a wide selection of trending topics.
- Interactive Video Sessions
Interactive video lessons enable students to engage with instructors, ask questions, and clarify doubts, creating an immersive and interactive learning experience.
- Customized Filters and Subcategories
This feature improves in-app navigation with personalized filters and subcategories, making it easier to find relevant course content for a seamless browsing experience.
- Push Notifications
Users receive personalized push notifications for learning reminders, trending courses, updates, and relevant content. Tutors get SMS/email notifications for new student selections.
- Comprehensive Dashboard
A comprehensive dashboard assists instructors and learners in monitoring their activities within the app, providing insights into their progress and performance.
- Individual Course Pages
This feature enhances user experience with detailed course information, including descriptions, durations, instructor details, and fees. Students can make informed decisions and engage with instructors based on this.
- Quizzes and Assessments
In-app quizzes and mock tests enhance learning by allowing learners to practice and assess their understanding. It boosts active learning and facilitates progress to higher knowledge levels.
- Online Certifications
Users can earn certifications in mobile app development, data science, and digital marketing upon completing the course. These certifications boost their professional credentials.
- Payment Integration
To generate revenue, top e-learning apps, including Udemy, offer paid courses and certifications. Integration with multiple payment gateways such as UPI, credit/debit cards, and online banking ensures hassle-free in-app transactions for students.
- Reviews and Ratings
Subscribed students review and rate courses and instructors to help new learners make informed decisions about teaching services on the platform.
By incorporating these key features, your e-learning app can provide a robust and engaging learning experience, similar to the popular platform Udemy.
How Do E-Learning Platforms Like Udemy Make Money?
Revenue generation is crucial for an e-learning app, thus when building a product, you should think about how it may be made profitable.
Let’s look at some of the common monetization methods used by e-learning programs.
- Paying for courses
This is one of the most popular e-learning application methods for making money. Users who wish to learn can pay for a course they’re interested in. The instructor receives the majority of the course fee, with the developer receiving the remainder.
- The subscription approach
Additionally available are subscription services. By paying a membership fee, users can access the course materials for a set amount of time.
- Certified payments
E-learning platforms incorporate several institutions and organizations, allowing such programs to offer certifications in exchange for a fee. For the app, this is yet another reliable source of income.
- Business cooperation
The needs of businesses can be met by cooperating with business organizations to provide specialized educational programs. It can assist a company in creating a productive workforce and in providing staff training.
- Fifth-party model
An online store or e-commerce app can be integrated with an e-learning app. When visitors buy things, websites make money.
Technology Stack for Applications Like Coursera and Udemy
The technology stack also adds to the development costs of e-learning apps.
- Web Server – Nginx
- Storage – Amazon S3
- Database – Amazon’s Relational Database Service, MySQL
- Search – Amazon Cloud Search, Elastic Search
What is the Cost of Developing an App Similar to Udemy?
It is important to have a clear understanding of the overall expenses involved in creating an e-learning app. The app development cost in 2023 varies based on the location of the development company and several other factors. Here is a breakdown of the approximate hourly rates for app development in different regions:
India: $18 – $50/hour
North America: $100 – $200/hour
Europe: $100 – $150/hour
USA: $100 – $250/hour
Malaysia: $50 – $75/hour
Eastern Europe: $80 – $150/hour
If you plan to hire a development company in the United States, the cost would typically range between $75 and $100 per hour. On the other hand, hiring a web or mobile app development company in India would cost you approximately $20 to $50 per hour. Keep in mind that these rates can vary depending on the specific company and project requirements.
The overall cost of building an app is also influenced by various factors. If you aim to develop a basic version of the app for a single platform (Android or iOS), the budget would typically fall between $10,000 and $30,000. However, for advanced e-learning apps with integration and analytics features, the cost can range from $35,000 to $70,000.
It is crucial to note that these figures are rough estimates, and the final cost may vary based on the complexity of the app, additional features, and the specific requirements of your project.
An e-learning program like Udemy might not be a bad idea in today’s constantly changing educational environment. In a world where colleges and schools will have less influence, online learning platforms are becoming more reliable and efficient sources of quality education. So why wait contact the best eLearning app development company and bring your idea to life to earn high revenue.
Read More: 10 Best Gifts Ideas For Firefighters
- How to Excel as a Medical Biller with CPMB Certification - October 28, 2023
- SOP Writing Services for applying to International Universities - September 15, 2023
- How To Fix Rienx Can’t Play All Game? - August 25, 2023